An increasing number of parents are seeking Chiropractic care for their children as even natural birthing methods can stress an infant’s spine and developing nervous system. The resulting irritation to the nervous system caused by spinal and cranial (skull) nerve interference can be the cause of many newborn health complaints. Colic, breathing problems, nursing difficulties, sleep disturbances, allergic reactions, etc. can often be traced to nervous system stress.
The nervous system controls and co-ordinates the function of all of the systems of the body: circulatory, respiratory, digestive, hormonal, immune, etc. Any aspect of health may be impaired by nerve interference. Chiropractic adjustments restore nervous system function allowing the body the ability to express a greater state of health and well-being.
Since significant spinal trauma can occur at birth, many parents have their newborns checked right away. Learning to hold up the head, sitting, crawling and walking are all activities that affect the nervous system as an infant grows. These are all key times to have a child checked by a Chiropractor.
As the child begins to participate in regular childhood activities like skating or riding a bike, small yet significant spinal issues may occur. If neglected, the injuries during this period of rapid growth may lead to more serious problems later in life. Subtle trauma throughout childhood will affect the future development of the spine leading to impaired nervous system function, which will adversely affect the body’s ability to function at its best.
Top 10 Reasons Why Parents Take Their Kids to Chiropractors
- Encourage their child’s optimal brain and nervous system development.
- Support their child’s nerve communication throughout the body for optimal health and wellness.
- Help strengthen their immune system, thereby encouraging fewer colds, ear-aches and general illness.
- Help resolve breastfeeding issues with their child.
- Help resolve fussiness/colic issues.
- Support the digestive system of their child.
- Diminish nerve interference, which may impact their child’s capacity to learn and concentrate.
- Help resolve their child’s poor posture, asthma, allergies and bed wetting.
- Deepen their child’s sleep and be better rested.
- Maximize performance for sports and other activities.